It’s time for Baby Cakes 2018! Gather your recipes, put on your aprons, and join us for this sweet event that benefits the Pregnancy Care Center of Niles!
Date: Saturday, January 20, 2018
Time: 1:00-3:00 pm
Location: Bell Building, 305 N. 3rd Street, Niles
Photo Credits: Alyssa Anderson
Bakers can enter in the following categories (each baker can only be registered in 1 category):
- Youth (17 and under)
- Professional (if you own or sell your baked goods)
Cupcakes will be judged by the following criteria:
- Best Dressed/Presentation
- Best Overall (must have more than one flavor to be considered – judging will be based on taste, presentation, and overall theme . . . be creative!!)
- People’s choice
Cupcakes will be presented to our local judges starting at 12:45 PM. Prizes will be awarded at 3:00 PM. Winners must be present to receive an award.
There will be one winner in each category for best tasting, and one winner in each category for best dressed/presentation. These 6 winners will be determined by an independent panel of judges and each winner will receive a prize that includes a $10 gift card to Veni’s Sweet Shop.
There will be one adult People’s Choice award winner and one youth People’s Choice winner. Winners will be determined based on popular vote. Both winners will receive a $25 gift card to Cottage Inn Pizza.
There will be one overall winner. This winner will be selected based on taste as well as presentation and theme. The more creative, the better! The overall winner will receive a $50 gift card to Logan’s Steakhouse.
- Please arrive at the Bell Building by 12:15 PM. You will be given an area to set up in the order in which you register. Cupcakes must be attended at all times.
- Each baker is responsible for set up and clean up of their cupcakes and area
- Each baker is responsible for serving cupcakes from a covered container (provided by baker) with the use of gloves (provided by PCC)
ENTRY FEE INFORMATION:
- $5 minimum donation per flavor (if registered by 1/09/18, $10 after 1/09/18), covers the 3 dozen cupcake minimum requirement
- Cupcake trees are available to ‘rent’ the day of the event for an additional $2 donation
- For a minimum donation of $25, ONE baker may secure a 6′ table. You may enter as many different kinds of cupcakes as you would like, providing you have 3 dozen of each. Must fit on a 6 foot table.
- Due to the rising number of participants, pre-registration is required. Space will be reserved on a first come, first served basis
- Because of different food allergies, each baker is asked to provide a copy of their cupcake recipe the day of the event (just ingredients is fine – mainly for peanut/gluten allergies)